Still in good ol’ PF

July 18th, 2009 · 11 Comments

Tina the new Photographer

Tina shooting me on an Island that supposedly has no waves.

We’re still just hanging out, surfing, fishing and having fun as always somewhere in French Polynesia, but its just two of us on Natural Mystic these days. After over a year of fateful service aboard Natty M the commonwealth kids went their separate ways. Kahlil back to New Zealand by first sailing to Fiji on a South African flagged catamaran Shimmi and Dizzy is currently sailing to Tonga on who knows what as the government here just would not let him stay, while Dom found a new line of work for a little while and so now its just Tina and myself. Enjoying each others company in paradise before our new crew arrives in mid October.

Driving Kahlil to his new boat

Kahlil's last ride in Red Rocket.

A big THANK YOU to all the boys for all their hard work, dedication and all the fun times we had together. I know the time we all shared together was probably some of the best times of my entire life and I will cherish the plentiful memories forever. Miss you guys!!!

Leaving Dizzy Behind in Teahupoo

Leaving Dizzy behind in Teahupoo.

I needed a little break from the Blog thing for a while, its a lot more work than you would think, so hopefully I’ll get back into it soon enough and maybe fill in our audience with a little more detail than this cursory entry. So until then enjoy life, cuz we sure are and all those photogs better watch out, cuz Tina is doing a good job with the camera these days. Cheers - Kyber

A Swell sunset with Natty M too.

A Swell sunset with Natty M too at Chopo.

Tags: Natural Mystic

• 1 Dave Salgado // Jul 18, 2009 at 12:06 pm

Glad things have calmed down for you Kyber, best of luck for you and Tina, stay safe!

• 2 Charles Logue // Jul 20, 2009 at 11:52 pm

Hi Son Love the wave!! Tina, you are the new ruler of the lens. Am so happy to see a post. It is always a highlight to read your words and view the life-style. Took a nice paddle late in the day at Hope Ranch Beach and enjoyed the company of both dolphins and seals. Several of the dolphins appeared to be only days old and were trying hard to get their dophin kick working. Their parents kept them right beside them as they swam and fished all around me. The sea gulls were active looking for any missed morsel. We certainly had a marvelous time visiting you two and it was a special privelege to meet and interact with Dom, Dizzy and Kahlil before all went their seperate ways. What a wonderful group of friends. All so talented, friendly, well spoken and helpful. See you in my dreams, Love Dad

• 3 vainui // Jul 21, 2009 at 1:09 am

Sick wave & great take off, although I’m not sure you actually made it… just kidding, RELAX!!!
    I miss the Natty M guys & hope to see you all again one day ; I already know where I can find Kahlil.
    Seems like we’re gonna have some good wind the next few days so I guess I’m gonna take a few days off (yes, again) to go kiting. And for once, I’ll try not to get hurt (now, I can see you smiling).
    Let me know when you come back around Tahiti.

Natty M & its crew, in my heart forever (or at least, for a very very very long time)
    xoxo

• 4 Jamie // Jul 21, 2009 at 12:17 pm

On to the next chapter of the Natty M adventure. Girlfriend, baby on the way and paradise. What more could you ask for? Well, take care amd hopefully we will see you again in FP before you depart in 9 months. Maybe in Oct. again…new baby might put a damper on things for a while, but who cares when your in paradise..no hussle and bussel of domestic life!! Jamie

• 5 Jamie // Jul 21, 2009 at 12:18 pm

…oh and thats not Kyber on that wave…he would never put a kook sticker on his board…right?

• 6 vainui // Jul 21, 2009 at 11:37 pm

Jamie, I think you are right, that’s not Kyber on that wave… :-)

• 7 Raphael // Jul 22, 2009 at 10:27 am

Great shot Tina!!! Did he make it? heheh…
    Good you are posting again…Just writing to say hello! As in China (I don’t know why) I can’t check your website I now enjoy my time in Brazil to see your adventures and miss the time I spent w/ you guys in FP. Sad to know that the crew is now separeted…it was such a strong energy all of you together!
    You still plan to be in Indo by September? I just talked to Cristiano and he has just arrived in Fiji. Dream of seeing everyone together again!
    Cheers!!!

• 8 Mary // Jul 23, 2009 at 1:43 pm

STILL IN GOOD OL’ SB
    Lots of sand and warm water at Hope Ranch beach.
    Warm wind,friends and family at SBYC.
    Summer barbeques in the Richards grotto.
    Ski/wakeboarding at Naciemento.
    Frosty Margs. at the cafe.
    Weekend wine tastings in the valley.
    You know how it goes.

When you coming home?
    WE MISS YOU!!

• 9 Grant and Raegan // Jul 23, 2009 at 4:13 pm

Kyber,

Great to get an update! Excited to stay up to date on the big transition! Fo’Shizzle on…

• 10 jacob christenson // Jul 28, 2009 at 4:14 am

Yes Kyber, What a solid sequence, with those long arms and burly shoulders you make a pig dog tube look like a graceful event.However, as well as you may be surfing and becoming a waterman of high regards, it’s the Sagittarius seamen that has made the big slash! Big news blessed my ears via the Four Seasons Hotel. When Anamika told me you are in route to become a dad ,I felt with my soul coming into a deeper relationship with the new age of Aquarius. How awesome is life on this planet to welcome the advanced souls from other worlds. may the one love that creates all life fully bless you and Tina,give thanks and praise to Jah, Love Jake

• 11 JillianT // Aug 14, 2009 at 4:55 pm

Wow, awesome pictures…Definitely a great post! Just wanted to throw it out there for anyone looking to travel to the Galapagos Islands that I have found Galapagos Inc by Wildlife Vacations (www.galapagos-inc.com) to be a very helpful source for booking travel to the region.