Tahitian Pixels from Ben

February 2nd, 2009 · 11 Comments

I think most of these pictures stand alone without words depicting the moment I captured. However, I bet a few of you want to read the story that goes with the photo. So, I’m calling out to all you MysticSail fans and families… If you would like to hear more about these Polynesian Pixels, just post a comment/question ——>BA

waterfall

Awe-inspiring views with perfect morning light

michaelclients …click thumbnails to enlarge lotus docking fisher_wave

cave

chopes_duckdive e_solomon spray ky_chopes_barrel kurupt_flip sweeper patrick_dropin

random phalic_backdrop1

taivatiana motoring godrays whale_breach christiano misty_mtn_hop soccer chopes_sunset kyber_g-mabarber_haul gendarmes  taina_sunset_lagoon1

The most Beautiful thing we can experience is the Mysterious. It is the Source of all true Art and Science  —–> Albert Einstein

Tags: Ben's blog

• 1 Jamie // Feb 2, 2009 at 8:11 pm

Your pics rock dude! Awesome! Got 2 feet of powder in Mammoth on Sun & Mon…should of came out…now its all melting again. Global warming. Whos that kooky dude hanging on the jib sheet? Jamie

• 2 Melissa // Feb 6, 2009 at 4:51 pm

Dear Ben, More incredible pictures!!!
    Melissa

• 3 Henriette // Feb 7, 2009 at 6:17 pm

Thanks for the photos Ben. yes, they are a wonderful way of sharing and i do enjoy them.

• 4 Kyber // Feb 8, 2009 at 4:19 am

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone and the Tahitian visual orgy Ben. We’ve been hanging all week in Teahupoo getting super fun waves with some of the worlds best surfers, basicly having the time of our lives. We have to leave for Papette soon, as our alternators decided to crap out, and we got to fix em, but there is solid swell through monday, so electricity will just have to wait. It the dark ages on the Natty M, but so bright outside and I stumbled across internet in the back hills, so take care all, you are all with us on this adventure. Lots of Love- Kyber

• 5 Ben // Feb 9, 2009 at 11:21 am

break out the candles and headlamps

• 6 Ben // Feb 9, 2009 at 11:28 am

Enjoy the warm water and I’ll get my kicks on the opposite end of the spectrum. California’s Sierra Mtns. are RIPE and Mammoth is going off!

• 7 Jamie // Feb 11, 2009 at 9:39 pm

Kyber…arent you getting tired of paying 80 bucks for a 12 pack of beer yet?? I know Tahiti is beautiful and all, but it must be getting really expensive to keep buying food and supplies there. Whats the next move? Tonga? Figi?

• 8 Kyber // Feb 12, 2009 at 7:21 pm

I don’t think I could ever get tired of Tahiti, I absolutely love it here. The groceries are a cost a bit more, but are basically the same price as Lazy Acres, really not that bad at all. The expensive thing is the boat, which doesn’t matter where you are, as both our alternators broke, and now we have to get new ones. The boat is the expensive thing about cruising. So its looking like we are going to apply for another visa extension here and who knows how much more time they will give us, maybe another 3 months, I hope we get lucky. But if not we’re clearing out and coming back, once you start getting barrels at Teahupoo, it is all worth it. Most likely we will head for the Cooks then Tonga in June, after more Teahupoo/Tahiti fun and the South Pacific Cyclone season is safely behind us. Hopefully I can get a new post up shorty, but almost everyone on the boat got some lame cold and have been feeling quite under the weather, so sleep has been much more rewarding than typing at a computer these last few days.

• 9 Jamie // Feb 12, 2009 at 8:23 pm

The cooks look sweeeet! June you say….sounds good to me…via Aussie land first with the family then daddy flies to the cooks for some planet of the apes warfare!

• 10 sabork // Feb 14, 2009 at 1:12 am

I can never get tired of drooling over photos and stories aboard the “Nasty-M”. Why leave Never neverland? Teahupoo locals are you now. Broke my leg snowboarding in Utah…f—k! Guess I’ll have to hook-up with you guys later in the year, perhaps June. Pound a Hinano for me, play hard, smell u later, Sandor

• 11 Christy // Feb 19, 2009 at 10:57 am

Congrats on getting the Cruising Compass Cruising Shot of the Week! Knew it had to be you guys as soon as I saw it. Keep up the awesome pics & stories! Manuia, Christy