Merry Christmas a Day Late

December 26th, 2008 · 10 Comments

morea-sunset.jpg

Team Natural Mystic spent the last week and Christmas over in Morea, with perfect weather, wind and waves. Santa showed up driving a speed boat, but aside from a few Christmas lights here and there, that was the only sign of Christmas time, as the tropical weather definitely doesn’t reflect a winter wonderland. We wish all of you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and our thoughts are with our dearly missed, loved family and friends we are not able to share this special time of year with. morea-windsurf-nattym.jpg We cooked up quite a feast, with our Brazilian sailing friend Christiano joining us off of his boat MundoVagabond. Foie Gras to start, with bacon apple stuffing, Tina’s by now famous mashed potatoes, Dizzie’s garden salad, and as Turkey is not too available in Tahiti, BBQ Honey Dijon Chicken. The only thing we were missing was some cranberry sauce for the bird, but the good times more than made up for that.

Morea-Right.jpg Food was consumed in mass quantities, as we had worked up quite an appetite over the last few days in Morea. The various reef passes all have fun waves here, both rights and lefts and depending on the wind direction, one pass is always offshore and we have had more than our share of tasty waves in the last week. The kiting has been super fun too and Christmas day brought even stronger trades, the morning was spent windsurfing on my tiny wave board that has not had too much use yet and kiting for the rest of the afternoon in perfect trade-windy conditions. boat-kite-launch.jpg As, it is hard to get Christmas gifts to all my family and friends from Tahiti, or more appropriately for Tahiti, super friggin expensive.  I would like to give you all the gift of, promising to write more frequent updates to our website. So, the crew of the Natty M can keep sharing our experiences with our friends around the world and maybe make our families worry about us a little less. So, if I fail to deliver on this gift don’t fail to call me out and tell me what an indian giver I am.

morea-cook-bay-kite.jpg So, with perfect sunny weather beckoning us to come out and play, the trades perfect for kiting and the wind offshore for the super fun right, I’m going to say Merry Christmas to all, Happy New Year to everyone, with special thoughts to all those who are not with us anymore and now its time to get out there and enjoy the gift of today.

morea-windsurf.jpg

Tags: Natural Mystic

• 1 Ja mon // Dec 26, 2008 at 7:00 pm

It sounds like you had a holly jolly Christmas. I’m glad to hear you’re off the dock and doing what the Natty M does best- have fun.
    Lakers beat the Celtics yesterday 92-83.

• 2 Jamie // Dec 27, 2008 at 1:19 am

Cool…its good to see you windsurfing! Too bad your wind hobbies are only shared by you. I know how fun it is to sail and kite with friends. Looks like your back at Cooks….great…is the reef pass working there now?? Rights? Oh…I wish I was there now. Xmas in SB was great…kited the 2 days before Xmas with all the groms at SClaus lane. Dustin on his 7 and Daddy on my 9. Xmas day was really windy as well . Its really cool kiting with all the up and comers….the kids. I wish you well and have a great New year…2009! WOW. Jamie

• 3 kyber // Dec 27, 2008 at 12:11 pm

Cook was da call, but alas the N swell is dropping out and the S comming back up, so were off to Hapiti, this Manana and back to the land of no Internet, but perfect lefts. All the N passes around Morea have been working, both R and L waves, super fun and we even stumbled across a sick, secret wave, perfect left wedge, like mini Chopes. Looks like a big out of season S is comming for Mon, Tue so were headed back to Chopes for that one, meet us there for the barrels of you lives, everyone.

• 4 billy da kid // Dec 29, 2008 at 8:37 pm

looks like your shreddin it up kyber..the asp world tour is calling you!! slater needs to brought down…I would do it, but i am in arizona.
    keep surfin, looks like rincon has been pretty flat. take care, safe voyage..
    billy

• 5 Chris Myles // Dec 31, 2008 at 2:40 pm

Looks like you are really enjoying yourselves. We passed through the area about four years ago.. damn doesn’t seem that long!!

Give me a shout if you want help with some maps etc for your site. check out http://blurbbits.blogspot.com/2008/10/blurbbits-basics.html or http://svbillabong.blogspot.com for some examples (including emailing blogs/photos from sea).

Have a blast

Chris

• 6 charles Logue // Jan 1, 2009 at 3:24 pm

Happy New Year Sailors Last evening as the sun slid below the horizon for the last time in 2008, I waved a thankful farewell and reflected upon the many events and occurrences that had composed the last 365 days and nights. Certainly NaturalMystic, Kyber, and friends kept me company many a late hour as my brain resisted rem patterns and my eyes stayed wide open. To know you were all over the Horizon safe and somewhere was sommething but many times it was not enough. There were many evenings, when upon viewing the first Star of the coming night, I made a wish and sent it your way. Perhaps on occasion you saw or felt the arrival of this energy and if so, I am sure it was but one of the many good wishes and positive thoughts that flowed your way each and every day. And so, it is now the first morning of 2009 and everyone has been given a fresh chance to reflect and compose and implement the kind of life they want to live and share over the course of this new year. And so Kyber, to you and your friends and anyone who happens upon this missive, may this new year bring you good health, good friends, good cheer and your self respect. Good sailing, Charles

• 7 Drew and Margie // Jan 2, 2009 at 2:41 am

hey guys,

just wanted to wish ya’ll a happy new year. looks like we’ll be back over there mid march. waiting on our 6 month visas to come through. if you head towards raiatea at any point check on da boat for me!
    drew and marge

• 8 Ben // Jan 2, 2009 at 4:05 pm

Happy New Year Natty M. USC beat Penn State 38-24 in the Rose Bowl. 3 in a row!

• 9 Jamie // Jan 2, 2009 at 6:18 pm

Happy 2009 to you and the crew of the Natty M. Hope all is well. SB is mellow and work is lite…went mountain biking at red rock area and then partied it up at Zimmborks for new years. Maybe hitting the road to Mammoth on Sunday night after all the holiday crowds are gone! Its snowing there right now! Surf it up bro! Ill clean your carpet for an airline ticket to Tahiti! JD

• 10 sabork // Jan 8, 2009 at 1:59 am

Yeehaw……Happy New Year Kyber and the Natty M crew! Better yet, Happy Old Year!!! I goota say 2008 was truly incredible. So many good times shared with family and friends. Laughter was the theme of the year for me..I think I laughted everyday. From playing “tickle-monster with my kids to witnessing Kyber perform the “poocano” it was definitly a gut-buster.Work was the best it’s ever been and I managed to pull off some unreal trips ….3 of which were spent aboard Natural Mystic reeping havoc in such incredibly beautiful places as the BVI’s , Panama and Tahiti. My definition of Paradise……..Bushwackers, Panama Red, and Tina’s crepes!Thanks again for all the good times. I know 2009 will be equally wonderful. Sounds like you guys are off to a great start….tell kahlil and Izzy to have a couple Hinanos for me. Give Tina a big hug for me….I want to see a picture of her surfing the board I gave her. Stay happy, healthy, and safe. Like that song by Reo Speedwagon……”Keep the fun rolling”. Can’t wait to come visit……Vaya con Dios amigos. Sandor