P Kiddy is Missing $2,000 Reward, Perdu Chat Recompence 200.000 F – Vini 24 31 37

November 27th, 2008 · 23 Comments

Pweb4.jpgPlease help us find our cat. We are a group of international surfers, from America, Australia, New Zealand and Norway, sailing around the world on our French catamaran “Natural Mystic” and enjoying the great waves and wonderful people of Tahiti. We all love Tahiti and for us it is the best place we have ever sailed to in the world.

Pweb.jpg

Tahiti is truly paradise, but unfortunately we have lost our cat named “P Kiddy” while we were working on our boat in Marina Taina. P Kiddy has sailed to Tahiti from Boston on the East Coast of America and has visited over 15 different countries. He looks like a little Tiger, as he is tan colored with, black stripes and spots, green eyes, is very large for a cat, weighing 10 Kg, very friendly and meows very loudly. He is a male cat and is fixed. We love and miss him very much and want to keep sailing and surfing around the world with him. We are offering a $2,000 reward or 200.000F for any one who finds P Kiddy. pweb2.jpg

We have a website with lots of pictures of P Kiddy on it, www.MysticSail.com and I can be reached on my vini, (cell phone) 24 31 37. He was wearing a collar with a pirate symbol on one side and his name, our boat’s name “Natural Mystic” and my USA phone number (805) 455-7044 when he went missing on Monday night 24 November, 2008. P Kiddy also has a microchip with his information implanted under his skin should he be taken to a Veterinarian. Please help us, we love P Kiddy and Tahiti.

Pweb1.jpg

Tags: Natural Mystic

• 1 Nomes // Nov 27, 2008 at 10:24 pm

Kyber, check your email, I’ve sent some info through on people who can help find P. My heart goes out to you. N xo

• 2 Ben // Nov 27, 2008 at 10:24 pm

Oh man I’m so sorry. I can’t imagine the Natty M w/out the furball. Hopefully he’ll remember how good life was on the boat and return promptly.

• 3 Supergirl // Nov 27, 2008 at 11:02 pm

• 4 Jamie // Nov 28, 2008 at 2:05 am

Wow…that sucks. Did he just wonder off in the marina somewhere? I hope you find him! Good luck and leave out some fresh tuna at night! Hope you had a good thanksgiving otherwise….be thankful! Jamie

• 5 Travis // Nov 28, 2008 at 2:44 pm

Yo Kyb, so sorry to hear about P. We are all hoping for a miracle and that you somehow get reunited with your bud. We know P is a resilient furball so, if he has anything to do with it, he will return to his master/best friend.

• 6 Melissa // Nov 28, 2008 at 2:58 pm

Dear Kyber, My heart goes out to you!! I am hopeful that Kitty will be home to you soon!!
    Stay strong!! Love, Melissa

• 7 Candy // Nov 28, 2008 at 7:00 pm

Kyber;
    Maybe P Kitty was sleeping on another boat that left port. Can you call on the marine phone to all boats in the vicinity? I am beyond sad and do still hold onto hope that he will be returned.
    Love, Mom

• 8 kyber // Nov 30, 2008 at 1:44 am

Hello everyone, there is basically no chance he went off on another boat, as no boats on the dock left that day. We have not stopped searching and have spent every day going door to door, and putting up fliers every where. We have an add in the newspaper that started today Sat. and P Kiddy has fallen in the water many times before and there are plenty of places where he could have climbed out, like he has done about a dozen times in the past, he is a very good swimmer. There are so many dogs every where in Tahiti in peoples homes and strays and this fact alone would prevent him from wondering too far on his own (which he has never done before in tons of different marinas), packs of dogs border the marina on all sides. I believe he was taken by somebody, as he is super friendly and am hopeful he will drive who ever took him crazy as he is the loudest cat you have ever heard and can be quite demanding and high maintainance. Keep up the positive thoughts everyone and Tina had a good idea that we should go to the schools and hand out the fliers to kids as they are the biggest helpers in the search, and highly motivated by the reward. I’m going to try this on Monday and see what happens. Its a bit hard without a car in Tahiti, but everyone here is so nice and takes us where ever we need to go and is unbelievably helpful. Lots of love to everyone and to da P where ever he is.

• 9 Mary // Nov 30, 2008 at 9:47 pm

Kyber;
    Robyn shared your e-mail with me and I have been thinking about you and P kitty everyday. I am heart broken over this situation and can only imagine what you’re going through not knowing where he is. Stay strong, don’t give up and we look forward to seeing both of you back in SB.

• 10 Tom Cummins // Dec 1, 2008 at 9:41 am

Kyber,

After meeting you guys in Nanny Cay, Tortola last January our whole boat has been following your adventures here. We have been living vicariously through you guys as you persue the dreams we all wish we could. P Kiddy has been an integral part of your adventure and we wish you all the best as you try to find him!!! Good luck – our prayers are with you.

Tom Cummins (one of the drunk firefighters from Washington DC).

• 11 Henriette // Dec 1, 2008 at 4:11 pm

FILS PERDU! (LOST SON)

Dear Kyber

maybe you could put out a sign and a reward for my lost son, Kahlil. Have heard very little news from him for the past few months and would love to get some photos of him and a blog from him on the website, which I check out every few days for some more news of him.

Tell him I’m not worried about him but just love to know what he’s up to.

Hope you find P Kitty. He is a beautiful cat.

Henriette

• 12 kyber // Dec 2, 2008 at 5:57 am

We just got back from going door to door all day in neighborhoods, talking with people, handing out fliers, hanging fliers, getting more fliers made, tromping through bushes, searching hi and low, shining flashlights in all the dark spaces, through pouring rain and mud and steamy jungle. We had a local Tahitian girl with us so she could help us speak to all the people, as our French and Tahitian are not that great, but I have to say slowly improving as we are being forced to take a crash course. Two people in a neighborhood near the marina, say they possibly saw P, but at night and the neighborhood is scary in the day let alone at night. We have searched way into the night every night, but to go into the depths of some places at night is to get attacked. The Tahitians have tons of dogs, mostly pit bulls, everywhere, literally some yards have 8 or 10 dogs chained up to trees and roaming free. Mostly they are scared of people, because they are not treated very nicely to say the least and when you are friendly to them they roll over like nice puppies, “mostly”. There are cats everywhere too, and chickens and all seem to get along and don’t eat each other. We were just tromping through back yards and had no regard for fences or gates, I just don’t care and am on a mission to find P. When people came out and we showed them what we were looking for all are very sympathetic and let us roam around their properties, searching, multiple times today. Most all say they don’t want the money, just to help us get our cat back. I know this much, wherever P Kiddy is he would be proud of us and me for searching so hard and not giving up what so ever. I have neglected all the boat work we came to the dock to do and have been 100% focused on finding him.

I have to say the general consensus with some of the older people we talked with was anger, at the fact that they believe someone took our cat and can’t understand why they have not given him back yet, especially with the amount of the reward we are offering. They were definitely upset with some of the Tahitian youth and the way they are not following their long standing traditions (but isn’t that what every older generation thinks of the youth).

Our team hired another pet psychic who is suppose to be really good and she was able to give us some details about the area he is hiding in. Interestingly she described some features of the surrounding area without ever having been here and who knows, I am willing to try anything. Interestingly both psychics we hired say he was not abducted and is very alive and someone is trying to befriend him, by leaving him food. The first one said she can feel his anxiety, the second psychic said he is very scared and has gone instinctive to stay alive and is hiding and very, very frightened. He will not come out from his hiding place even if he heard me call his name and I have to find him. This is understandable as if you were a lost cat in the Tahitian neighborhood it would have to be one of the scariest places on earth. The second psychic also said he was exploring on the dock and was frightened and bolted and then frightened again and lost his way. His regression to instinctual survival is blocking his ability to find his way back to the boat and we have to find him. She told us to find a large lady with a pink flower in her hair or on her dress and not to trust her. We found quite a few large ladies today none with flowers in their hair or dresses which is quite unusual for Tahiti, the flower part not the large part, people here are big.

Henerette don’t worry Kahlil is just fine and a big help with the Search for P and the boat in general, you should be proud you have such a good son and I told him he better give you a call soon, but even as I write this I’m overhearing him say he doesn’t have your phone number, cuz he lost the book it was written in. Maybe that could take a couple of points away from the good son thing.

Everyone keep thinking all those good thoughts about P Kiddy and we will get him back.

• 13 Sharona // Dec 2, 2008 at 12:07 pm

I’m SO sad for you…. Please tell us you have found him! Sending lots of prayers for you both!

• 14 Jamie // Dec 2, 2008 at 7:22 pm

Wow…you are on a mission….like the blues brothers…a mission from god! Dont get bitten or mugged…be smart and safe. Im keeping positive thoughts for P kiddy and talk to my beloved family cat Sparky. “Where is P?” I ask him…his face lightens up and he purrs….he feels P kiddy is alive. I do to. Just scared and home sick. Good luck Kyber! Jamie

• 15 Pontus Nyhlen // Dec 2, 2008 at 9:50 pm

Hey guys, damn sorry about P kiddy, marina taina is a big place for a lost cat and wish i could help.. We probably left before you all came there, but anyways checking your website, found that scrap note you wrote when i fall in the water at hiva oa when i reached the canoe.. Anyways god wind for your search of P and all the rest..

Pontus
    New zealand

• 16 Cynthia // Dec 3, 2008 at 11:18 am

so sorry….really hope you find p kiddy…ox

• 17 susan Whitman // Dec 3, 2008 at 1:31 pm

I too am praying you succeed in finding P Kitty alive and well.

• 18 charles Logue // Dec 4, 2008 at 1:29 am

Yes Kyber, wherever P Kiddy is dreaming, you are in his thoughts and feelings. A better friend he will never have and your determined hunt and exemplary dedication and determination are an inspiration and an example for all of us. To, (never leave a friend behind), is more than a slogan, it is a mindset that shows respect and love for the missing. The “Deer Hunter,” has always been a favorite movie of mine. DeNiro returns to Vietnam, and harms way, to try and retrieve his buddy. He suffers heartache and great disappointment, but in the end when he returns home alone, he has his self respect. Kyber, you have the respect and love of your many friends, so know that others feel and share your loss. I can hear P Kiddy’s loud meeooww right now, as he dreams of once again riding around on your shoulders. Good Luck Kyber and Good Luck P Kiddy!! May you share dreams forever. Love Dad

• 19 Supergirl // Dec 4, 2008 at 4:29 am

I feel that the reunion is very close indeed, love is what is keeping him alive and the trust that Kyber, you won’t give up. Next couple of days I reckon… lucky thing those pirate skills learnt in the Caribbean are being utilised to locate the treasure that is P! 😉

Love love, Nomes

• 20 Allegra // Dec 4, 2008 at 9:49 pm

I’ve just seen your ad in the paper and and sent it to all the people I know here in Tahiti. After looking through your website and seeing the photos, I can understand why you miss PKiddy and want him back. He is gorgeous! I’ve been living here a while now (from Sydney originally) and we have 4 cats (2 of whom have come from Sydney). My feeling is similar to one of the other comments you have – he may have left on another boat or is maybe stuck in another boat by error. I don’t think he has left the marina. One of our cats here got locked in the laundry of our next door neighbour’s for 2 days and we did not know where he was. This cat loves you and would not leave the marina of his own accord. I pray for the safe return of PKiddy. I know how you can love them and miss them. What about an ad on the radio? I can help. Call me on 297 293. I lived in Panama for 6 years at Punta Burica, so read with interest your stay there.

• 21 Allegra // Dec 4, 2008 at 10:12 pm

woops – incorrect email address, sorry. Should be: legropeoz@hotmail.com

• 22 Margie and Drew // Dec 5, 2008 at 1:40 am

kyber that absolutely sucks so bad for you guys. i’ve been enjoying showing all the pics i took of p kiddy that day we hung on the boat for a while. sending nothing but good thoughts and hopes for you guys from across the miles! we’ll definitely keep our fingers crossed for you and him!

• 23 Allegra // Dec 5, 2008 at 4:10 pm

After looking at your website and seeing the photos of PKiddy, I can understand why you are heartbroken. I’ve sent your message about missing PKiddy to all my contacts here in Tahiti. what about putting an ad on the radio stations? I can help – send me an email on legropeoz@hotmail.com or call me on 297 293. I am from Sydney and we have 4 cats (2 came from Oz) so I understand what it is like when they go missing. Only you know when you saw him last, but my feeling (like one of the other comments) is he could perhaps have wandered onto another boat and could have left inadvertantly, or been been locked in without the owners knowing? Read with interest your passing through Panama. I lived there for 6 years – at Punta Burica – trying to save monkeys. I’ll keep praying for PKiddy.