Biker Gangs, Football, More Shenanigans and Debauchery

February 20th, 2008 · 9 Comments

ty_pelican.jpg

While cruising to Anegada from the Bitter End, the Natural Mystic had her best sail since arriving in the BVI. With help from our new friends; the crew of the Chippewa, we were blasting along at 19 knots with more people and supplies then we’ve ever had aboard.beers.jpg Once we arrived, we loaded our gear on the party bus and the posse was off to Cow Wreck Beach to tear it up. _dsc8922.jpg While Kyber, Sandor and Ty kited out of range of my lens, I took the opportunity to learn Aussi rules football from Naiomi from down under. Once we got a game started, I was playing like I was juiced on ‘roids much like the football scene in “Wedding Crashers”. Sorry Lars, I got carried away.

The next day the winds were light so we got the biker gang together for some more moto-madness. scooter_cam.jpg The best way to explore Anegada is by 2 stroke on two wheels… mmmmm, the smell of pre-mix exhaust takes me back.

scooterpose.jpg

We explored the island and hunted for remote beaches. emptybeach.jpg I found a small buoy while running on the beach so I brought it back to the crew. We entertained ourselves by inventing “Buoyball”. buoyball.jpg It’s kinda a mix between hot potato and hacky sack. After gametime was over, we headed to The Settlement on the other side of the island to checkout the Anegada iguanas. caged_dragon.jpg It was a little dissapointing due to the fact that most of them had recently been released.

Once we played out the scene on Anegada, we set sail for Sandy Spit, empty_cay.jpg just north of Tortola.

sandyspit_boat.jpg

We anchored for the first time since our bumper-boat, anchor dragging fiasco without any drama which was a huge relief. _dsc9002.jpg northend.jpg We spent two days there kiting and relaxing before heading to Soper’s Hole. That night we ate at Pussers Landing which we dubbed “home of the BVI’s worst service”. We then went over to the Jolly Roger to checkout a local band and watch drunken women fall off the dance floor.

The next day’s light winds brought rain. The group decided to motor to Norman Island, home of the infamous Willy T. We checked out a great spot to dive called The Indians and had a look at the caves before we headed to land. The whole crew went for a hike to explore the land that was the setting for “Treasure Island”. It’s really rugged there and it would be rough to survive there on your own.

After our hike we went to “Pirates” to watch Nascar and play giant versions of Connect 4 and Jenga. Once the sun went down, the party animals came out and the Willy T was the zoo that housed them. After we closed down the floating bar we headed back to the Natty M where a heated food fight ensued. Ty and Sandor launched everything from apples to tamarinds turning the Natty M to a scene from “Animal House”.

Once we recouped, we headed back to Nanny Cay so that Lars could return his rental gear. lars.jpg Sandor and Lars had an early flight the next morning back to the States sandor_salute.jpg so we chilled out to unwind from 10 days of debauchery. We were sad to see them go after having such a great time. Thanks so much for coming guys, we all had a blast.

We are still docked in Nanny Cay which has become our home in the BVI’s. Today we began the arduous task of replacing the worn out trampoline that I had the misfortune of falling through. Ty is retiring from the mission and flying back to San Diego, so it looks like it’s going to be just Kyber and I. This ship will be quite a handful for the two of us, so we’re actively recruiting another 1st mate. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Stay classy

-Ben

Tags: Ben's blog

• 1 Paul // Feb 20, 2008 at 7:43 pm

Ty’s over it? Why? And I would come and visit you guys except I have this thing called school. Anyway hope all is well. late paul

• 2 Grant // Feb 20, 2008 at 8:13 pm

K&B,

Sorry to hear Ty’s bailing… Looks like you guys are having the adventure of a lifetime! So…How ’bout Rae and I put the pad up as a vacation rental, liquidate the sb slip and the melgi and come be your crew…

grant

• 3 Jamie // Feb 20, 2008 at 9:15 pm

You could always place an ad in Latitude 38 for crew. I hear that there is good response in that rag. Just get someone that can help you guys to panama and another from there to CA. You should have at least 4. If you do work it out, I will help for 2-3 weeks. Maybe through the windward islands to panama or central america. I wouldnt want to do the uphill grind to Cali from Mex in a cat…bash your brains out…hire a delivery captain to endure that punishment!! Let me know how it pans out!! Jamie

• 4 Runter // Feb 20, 2008 at 10:38 pm

My roomate Aaron was think about contacting you guys to see if there was need for another, he has some sailing experience and surfs and kites and also has some behind the lens and lots of video editting experience. Call me up if you guys are interested 805-637-8572. Like Jaime I could be into going and helping for a few weeks if we are in some spots near good kiting and surfing. Otherwise I’ve been watching the pics come out looks pretty damn fun hope you guys are lovin it.

• 5 sabork // Feb 21, 2008 at 5:43 pm

Yo Natty M bros,back in action in S.B. freezing my ass off..daydreaming of warm water, fantasy kite sessions, eating and drinking too much, and reggaeing out with good friends; not to mention my constant craving for a Bushwacker. My head is filled with so may good memories from early morning speed runs in Big Red to watching Ben Evil Kanivel his scooter on Anagada to watching Ty solo kite Sandy Spit while I licked my wounds and drank warm beer to woofing down one of Kybers culinary concoctions (always spicy) to the morning ritual of rigging Lars’ sails from the comfort of a beanbag to baking in the tropic sun on the trampoline covered in SPF(-)20 oil while sailing to Sopers Hole to…………sorry, I’m daydreaming again! Anyway, thanks again guys..I HAD A F…ING GOOD TIME!!!! Sandor P.S. Chase the dragon.

• 6 Lars Olson // Feb 21, 2008 at 9:13 pm

Kyber, Ty and Ben…Thanks for hosting Sandor and I…we both had an awesome time. For those of you sitting behind your computer monitors…you need to just book a flight and become part of the Natty M crew. Once in a lifetime experience : ) The boat is insane, the crew is kewl, and the food and drinks are slippery. Lots of great memories, some of them I don’t remember, but no major damage. Thanks again…and looking forward to the next leg some time in the future. Warm Winds.
    Lars

• 7 J.P. // Feb 23, 2008 at 9:17 am

Maybe i’ll quit my job and join the crew.lol.Too bad Ty is bailing. Have to mash it up if your back at BEYC. Peace. J.P.

• 8 Andra Escola // Feb 23, 2008 at 2:50 pm

Hey Kyber – Just read in the Latitude that Robby Grant is now the Racing Editor for the Latitude. He could be an interesting contact for some crew. Here is is email rob@latitude38.com. I am going to email him and forward your web page to him. Sounds like a blast when Lars and Sandor were there.

• 9 pavlo // Nov 6, 2008 at 8:22 am

Wow! Greets! Really interesting. keep working! Tnx! Saw!